1. This is a hobbyist only show. All fish must be owned by and accompanied by the registered entrant. Entries are open to all hobbyist members and hobbyist non- members of ZNA Carolina.
2. There will be no limit on the number of entries per person.
3. Entry fees for koi will be $60 for a show tank.
4. The entrant of the fish must be present at the tank during benching (measuring and classification). The decision on how koi are benched is made by the benching team and show chair rather than the hobbyist.
5. ZNA Carolina will take a color digital photo of each koi for benching and judging purposes. The exhibitor agrees that photos of major champions can be entered into the ZNA America Virtual National show.
6. Each person should bring their own nets and tubs for handling their fish.
7. Fish can be registered on the Friday of the show from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
8. Fish purchased from a show vendor at the show may be entered no later than 9:00 am on Saturday. Fish purchased from a vendor at the show may NOT be added to a hobbyist tank containing other koi.
9. Each entry must be registered with the registration committee by 9:30 am on Saturday.
10. All entries will be checked for injuries, parasites, and diseases. If found to be severely ill or injured, the fish will not be allowed to enter the show. Transport damage will not prevent entry into the show.
11. Koi that have been exposed in any way to the koi herpes virus (KHV) are not eligible for this show and should NOT be transported to the show site. ZNA Carolina will enforce this rule to the best of its ability but must ultimately rely on the honesty and integrity of all exhibitors.
12. The judges shall not view the tanks until the show chairman has removed the list of owners and indicates that the tanks are ready to be judged. At no time shall the name of the entrant be visible until after judging has been completed.
13. No one other than the judges, club president, and show committee shall be in the display area while the fish are being judged. Observers and entrants are to refrain from communications with the judges during judging. Video or audio recording of the judging is not permitted.
14. All entries will be left on exhibit for the duration of the show unless a valid reason is given to the show committee to remove fish. Dismissal time is 1:00 pm on the Sunday of the show weekend, unless prior permission is received from the show chair or committee.
15. ZNA Carolina will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard entered fish but the owner will assume all risk and responsibility of their fish while at the show.
16. The decision of the judges and or show chairman or committee will be final.
Any contingencies not covered by these rules will be subject to the discretion of the show chair.